1,772 total views, 1 views today
Senior Advisors for Climate Initiative
Position Status: Volunteer Part-Time
Team: GCR Senior Advisors
Organisation: Global Carbon Reward Initiative
Location: Work from Home
Reporting To: Project Director
Date Advertised: 15 February 2022
The Global Carbon Reward (GCR) Initiative is a non-profit project that is advancing a breakthrough international climate policy that has scope to deliver the goals of the Paris Climate Agreement. The GCR Initiative is currently in need of more administrative and strategic support to manifest the project mission and plan. If you are passionate about solving the climate crisis, and in a position to voluntarily give your time and energy, please reach out to us as indicated below.
As a Senior Advisor to the GCR Initiative, you will be required to provide strategic guidance and operational support to help launch a policy demonstration. The work will be managed as a team effort, and decisions will be made by group consensus. The ideal candidate will be located either in North or South America, or in the Asia-Pacific Region, to fit in with our weekly meetings that are usually held on a Thursday evening at 9:30 pm EDT (New York) and on a Friday at 1:30 pm AEDT (Sydney). The hours and days are not strict, but we anticipate at least 1 day per week of your time.
- Attend weekly project meetings
- Help with fundraising and building partnerships with other organizations
- Collaborate with the project team
- Maintain situational awareness of climate change and the GCR policy
- Strong interest in climate change mitigation
- Ability to volunteer for at least 1 day per week (flexible hours)
- Excellent communication and people skills, and attention to detail
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience in business, finance and/or project management
- Tertiary qualifications in any field (i.e. this is an interdisciplinary project)
How to Apply:
Please write a 1-2 page letter of application, and email your letter with your resume and/or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please fill out the online contact form.
GCR Position A1